No sales compensation plan is one fits all. We have learned over the years that in order to design an effective compensation plan, you need to have a business and sales strategy. The sales compensation plan is designed to marry up the strategy and the sales team.
A few questions to ask yourself before you embark on the critical task of designing a sales compensation plan.
1. What is our business strategy and where do we need our focus?
2. What type of sales individual do we want? Not what type of sales person do we have.
3. Are we looking for organic growth by penetrating our customers deeper or are we looking for new business? Is it a mix and if so, how much time should be spent on each?
4. How do we want our sales commission plan leveraged?
5. What does excellence for a sales person look like?
We can put together a sales strategy meeting for you and your team and we can dive deep into these topics with you. Our Sales Compensation Consultants can simply help you get focused and develop a plan to a complete build out of your sales compensation strategy.
Let us have an hour exploratory session and we can give you some no cost pointers. You can invite the team if you want.